It may be useful to use the cross-referenced lists for Research Areas, Research Organisms, and Departmental Affiliations on the Collaborative Graduate Program in Genome Biology and Bioinformatics website to identify specific people within the following Departments / Institutes / Centres. TorBUG (Toronto Bioinformatics Users Group) may also be of interest.
The following Departments and Institutes are formally involved in the Collaborative Graduate Program in Genome Biology and Bioinformatics:
- Department of Biochemistry
- Institute of Biomaterials and Biomedical Engineering
- Department of Cell and Systems Biology
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of Chemical Engineering and Applied Chemistry
- Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology
- Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology
- Department of Medical Biophysics
- Institute of Medical Science
- Department of Molecular Genetics
The Department of Computer Science also has a Computational Biology Group and the Department of Molecular Genetics has a Computational Biology Track in its PhD program.
- Computational Biology Group, Department of Computer Science
- Computational Biology Track, Department of Molecular Genetics
These University of Toronto departments and affiliated institutes have some activities in bioinformatics, and genome-scale and computational biology.
- Mechanical and Industrial Engineering
- Department of Medicine
- Princess Margaret Cancer Centre
- Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute
- Research Institute of the Hospital for Sick Children
- Toronto General Hospital
The following Centres cannot grant degrees but are good resources and are associated with many faculty who do bioinformatics, computational- and genome-scale-biology research.
|Centre for the Analysis of Genome Evolution & Function||CAGEF||High throughput technology platforms and computational resources|
|Centre for Computational Biology||Hospital for Sick Children||Support and services|
|Toronto Centre for Phenogenomics||SLRI, UHN, SickKids, St. Michael's||Mouse phenogenomics|
|Centre for Modeling Human Disease||Centre for Phenogenomics||Gene trap database|
|Centre for Global eHealth Innovation||University Health Network, University of Toronto||eHealth|
|Ontario Cancer Biomarker Network||MaRS||Cancer Biomarkers|
|Ontario Institute for Cancer Research||MaRS||1000s of cancer genomes|
|Centre for Mathematical Medicine||Fields Institute||Medical Applications of Math|